Friday, May 13, 2011

I Love Being in School


I Love Being in School

     Studying a second language is not easy for adults, because we have to put in extra time coming to school. Adults are always very busy doing their daily routine; they have to work, take care of their families, and going to school is an additional effort for them. In my case I have to take one class each semester, because I have to work full time, so it is impossible for me to spend more time in school. Even though it requires dedication to attend school, I love it and enjoy being in school. I wish to be a full time student, but I can’t.
     Each semester is unique, because I make new friends and at the same time I have a different teacher. This semester I met Jeanne Gross who is my Grammar/Writing teacher. I am very thankful to Jeanne. She shares her knowledge with us and she has an excellent technique in teaching. Also, grammar is complicated for me. I think I need to focus more on run-on sentences, coma splash, fragments, introductions and conclusions in essays. Meanwhile, I am going to continue with my ESL classes and I will put extra time in to seek my goal which is to go to regular English class. So, I am planning to use learning center resources to improve my lessons. For this reason I will continue with my education. I know how beneficial it is for me to attend and anything that I learn is reflected in my life. By learning English I can have better a understanding and it is useful for my job and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment